Be Flexible

(FRIDAY)
The alarm sounded at 5AM this morning and I hit snooze...5 more minutes! When it rang again I sprung from bed, put on my workout clothes and headed out the door to yoga. I love to begin my day with yoga, and find on the days that I practice in the morning I am more centered and peaceful. I've often thought about how incredible it is that so many people wake up early to come to yoga, or to work out. It's like an entire different universe of people who are up before the sun - ready to start their day on their terms rather than on the typical hustle and bustle that fills our lives.
This morning just as class was beginning one of the other ladies jumped up from her mat and said, "Ok, plan B today. The first teacher overslept, and I'm going to be teaching class this morning. I recognized this lady right away - she is another teacher at the studio, so it wasn't just a random person. But, then I thought, she came this morning for herself, and when she found out that one of the teachers overslept she was flexible and readily accepted the task of leading the 5:30 AM class. More importantly, she did it in a positive manner.

I was getting excited for this weekend because we were sending the kids to stay with my parents so we could go to a St. Joe's game, and then out for drinks to celebrate my brother-in-laws birthday. But, around 1 o'clock I received a text from our caretaker to let me know Shannon had a "croupy cough" and we may want to have her seen by the doctor before the weekend. After calling the doctor's office they said they weren't seeing anyone just for a croupy cough. The moment I saw Shannon after school, I knew she was sick. I called the doctor again, and we both agree the best place for Shannon was the Emergency Room. She was diagnosed with RSV and the FLU, and stayed for 2 days in the hospital. The entire weekend I just keep thinking about being flexible. I am grateful my little girl is ok, and I am thankful for the reminder that we need to be flexible in all areas of life.

Comments

  1. Hey Rose- Thank you so much for sharing your blog...it is really inspirational both as a mom, and as an aspiring writer. I loved reading about your family and your musings...btw, our Elf on the shelf is quite lazy and barely remembers to travel to the North Pole most nights. Good luck with the baby. Kristin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it, Kristin! We will have to talk about elf on the shelf...I have a feeling if I ever succomb to it ours will be a lazy elf too! You should start to blog all your excellent ideas - I'd read it!

      Delete
  2. So beautiful and so true. Flexibility is the key to serenity. "It is what it is"...might as well accept and make the best out of whatever life throws your way. The main thing is that Shannon is okay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the phrase "it is what it is" and often combine it with "Let it go!"

      Delete
  3. Love this post! Even though I dont do YOGA during the week, my morning workouts are crucial to my job performance throughout the day. This morning when my alarm went off, I really didnt want to get out of bed, but then I reflected on your words and it inspired me to get up and at 'em! I ended up having a great run! thanks Rose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are a weekend yogi...and an inspiration to me! You get up many more early mornings to work out than I do and you stay in on nights so you are ready to run! I certainly admire your dedication, Colleen!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pizza Hut

Parallel Lives