Important Life Lesson

It is a Friday. I should be in my classroom teaching English, but instead I am sitting at home resting. The story really begins last Friday...I woke up with a sore throat, stuffy nose and nagging cough. I still went into work and chalked up my latest symptoms to "pregnancy induced allergies." I am in the third trimester with my second child and was plagued by allergies in the fall, so I assumed they were back to make the last 6 weeks of pregnancy even more tiresome. I battled through Friday, took it easy over the weekend and was back to work on Monday. I even broke down and started taking Clariton. Well, nothing helped and I continued to get worse. Finally, on Wednesday I decided it was time to go to the doctor's. She examined me and determined I have a virus, which will only get better with lots of rest, and she wrote me out of work for the rest of the week. This has NEVER happened to me. I felt a great deal of stress lift from me as she told me I had to send my son to day care and allow my body the extra rest that it needs and deserves at this point. So, here I am taking care of myself and relaxing in front of the tv with my computer. Sometimes we need reminders to take extra care of ourselves, and ask others for help.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Flexible

Pizza Hut

Parallel Lives