"wow you have a lot of toys"

This afternoon a recent college grad came over my house to take a look at some odd jobs I need to have done. As we were walking through the family room he said, "Wow! You have a lot of toys" I am sure what he was really thinking was, "Your house is a complete mess. There are toys everywhere and you can't even walk in a straight path without tripping over something. Your house is as messy as my college dorm room.
I am not a neat freak by any stretch of the imagination. I have to work really hard to keep things organized. I always wonder how people keep their houses so clean and neat. What is the secret? What am I missing? I realize having 2 kids and a dog doesn't help, and I have decided that I am not going to apologize or feel bad about a messy house anymore

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Flexible

Pizza Hut

A snowy night and great time to Follow the Yellow Brick Roads