Etiquette

In the past couple weeks I have heard 2 stories of how people's news has been "leaked" via facebook or text messaging. This is unacceptable. I have embraced technology, and use it often, but I certainly don't abuse the social media. So, I write this post to remind all of us about the importance and sensitivity of news. We all have news to share - sometimes good, sometimes bad. In the case of these two stories, both were about the death of someone. In my opinion, this should not hit the social media until all important family members and friends are notified of the sad news. Then, once everyone is on the same page, the immediate family should be the ones to decide how they want to make their news public. So, my lesson learned? Don't be the one to post someone else's news. And, don't use social networking to pass along important news. Try the old fashioned way...like making a phone call.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Flexible

Pizza Hut

Parallel Lives