Pizza Hut

When I think back to my own childhood, I remember countless meals eaten at the Montgomerville Pizza Hut. If I close my eyes I can picture the red and white check tablecovers, the cafe style flimsy chairs, the buffet in the middle of the restaurant, and most of all, my family of 7 gathered around a rectangular table. I remember begging for quarters to play the arcades, and when we got older, to put in the jukebox. I remember the waitresses and how they practically knew my dad by name. I remember the pitchers of soda that inevitably got spilled all over the table and floor. But, most of all, my favorite memory of Pizza Hut was the great times we had while we were there.
Remember this?
Tonight I had the wonderful experience of taking my own children to Pizza Hut for the first time. Although the Montgomeryville Pizza Hut is closed, the one we went to had the same feel to it. We met my dad there. I arrived first, and knew just what to order - Thin and Crispy with Green Peppers. Pizza Hut felt familiar, it felt right. It was so much fun to rediscover a childhood memory and relive it with my kids. And, to reminisce with my dad about our own family, and to watch him build on those experiences with a new generation. To me, this is passing on tradition. This is what having a family is all about. Sharing the past, and living in the moment.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Flexible

A snowy night and great time to Follow the Yellow Brick Roads