Brothers & Sisters

I grew up with only brothers, and I was always happy about that. My brothers taught me how to play sports, watch sports, and how to have fun. My brothers kept a watchful eye on me, yet let me make my own decisions and be my own person. Even though I was involved in a variety of activities (some they didn't think were cool) they still supported me. I wouldn't change anything about my brothers...

We are fortunate enough to have 2 children. My son is 14 months older than my daughter. They love each other so much, and I pray they are always close. In the morning, Shannon usually wakes up first. She screams Pat's name over and over again. When we bring her downstairs she runs to the foot of the steps and screams his name again and again. She gives Patrick her blanket, and her other treasures.

Patrick loves his sister. Tonight he heard her crying, so he went upstairs, opened her door, and said, "It's ok, Shannon. I'm here. I brought you a train." Shannon immediately began to laugh. Then, Patrick climbed into her crib to hug her. Who needs a mom when you have such a great big brother??? I pray my children are always close and supportive of each other, just like my brothers are for me, and I try to be for them.

Lesson learned - There is nothing better than the gift of siblings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Flexible

A snowy night and great time to Follow the Yellow Brick Roads

Pizza Hut