elf on the shelf

It's bad enough that Christmas decorations come out before Thanksgiving dinner is served, but what's worse is the growing popularity of The Elf on the Shelf. I don't own an elf on the shelf and I hope I never do. I don't want to scare my kids into behaving by saying constantly, "The elf is watching and he will go report back to Santa tonight."
Also, I am not a good liar. I remember the day I found out that Santa was not real. I was in first grade and my older brother bet me $1 about it. I ran up to ask my mom, and she told me Santa was not real. My brother never made me pay him the dollar, he was satisfied just ruining the secret for his little sister. I remember my parents and aunts would see elves and tell us the elves were watching to make sure we were being good, but we did not own a scary, small elf who could not be touched and who caused mischief while we slept.
The 2 links below support my idea to NEVER have an elf on the shelf...
 http://www.peopleiwanttopunchinthethroat.com/2011/12/over-achieving-elf-on-shelf-mommies.html
 http://www.werdyab.com/2012/11/elf-on-shelf.html

With that being said, I realize if this elf on the shelf trend continues I might have to give in when my children are older. If I do give in, I want to do it like the people in this link...
http://naturalparentsnetwork.com/good-elf-on-the-shelf/


Have a Merry Christmas!
oh, and don't forget to put your elves away tonight...maybe even FOR-EV-ER...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Flexible

Pizza Hut

A snowy night and great time to Follow the Yellow Brick Roads