Happy New Year!

Ok, so it hasn't been quite a Happy New Year for my little family. I'm not complaining, I am just proposing to put off my New Year's Eve til Saturday. Here are 3 reasons why...

1. Both my children are sick. Shannon has her 4th ear infection in 4 months. I feel horrible for her. She is a real trooper, though. Every time she gets an ear infection, she gets a TERRIBLE diaper rash, which then requires a different ointment to get rid of it. She doesn't sleep well, and she is irritable all day long. Poor baby girl. Patrick is also sick. He has a cough and fever. And, I haven't felt good for 3 weeks. The doctor told me it was allergies and an ear infection. So, on Christmas Day, we took down our Christmas tree. I thought I felt better, and maybe I did feel better for a couple days before feeling worse. Now I am so congested I feel like I am in a tunnel. I am hoping by Saturday we will ALL feel better!

2. We decided to eat healthier in the fall. We did great with it until December hit. I think I've gone overboard. All that hard work to eat right for so long is ruined by a couple weeks of cocktails, appetizers, and desserts. One thing that helps me get back on track is having meals planned out, and no sweets in the house.

3. I bought a bottle of champagne to crack open at midnight on NYE, but I was asleep by 10:30. I can't let a good bottle go to waste, can I?

So, for this year, I am having my very own personal New Year's Eve on Saturday night. Sunday morning will be "New Year's Day."

Here are a couple of my New Year Resolutions
Personal
-Eat healthier
-Go to yoga regularly
-blog weekly
-plan monthly meal calendars
-pray a new prayer each month.

Professional
-post lesson plans
-create more individualized action plans for my students
-keep a cleaner desk

Family
-be a better mother by living in the moment with my kids (less time multitasking with technology)
-be a supportive sister by checking in with my brothers more often
-set up playdates with siblings/cousins
-spend time with Kevin (less time multitasking with technology)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Flexible

Pizza Hut

Parallel Lives