Happy Mother's Day

As I wake up this morning I am filled with gratitude and joy. Even though today is the day Hallmark deems "mother's day" I believe Mother's Day is celebrated all year long. My children have their own little ways of showing appreciation, and these little acts fill my heart and keep me striving to be the best mom I can be all year long.
Yesterday was a perfect day..I began the day with a play date with my college friends. Even though our friendship started before motherhood I am happy to be raising my kids with these awesome women. It is interesting to watch the next generations' friendships blossom, and share parenting troubles and triumphs together. Then, we celebrated my niece's First Holy Communion with my family. Again, I had the opportunity to spend time with my own mother, nieces,  brothers, and their fantastic wives. When I looked around the room yesterday I felt rich. I am surrounded by women who are all role models to me. My day continued with a very special coffee date with my own mom. We were able to talk with no interruptions! My mom has taught me everything I know about mothering and teaching. She is an incredible mother and my best friend. The last stop of my day was up to my in-laws house to rejoin my husband (who had already put the kids to bed!) and mother and father in-law. We had a great time catching up. My mother in law has a very special place in my heart. She is fun, caring, and a wonderful listener. I went to be last night and I thought wow I am really lucky...today I saw most of my favorite mothers. Cheers to all the mothers out there- I hope you are as fortunate as I am to be spending time with the people you love!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Flexible

Pizza Hut

A snowy night and great time to Follow the Yellow Brick Roads